Recently the web site has been down due to too many people being on at once and overloading the system. My wonderful hosts suggested I upgrade but I already pay nearly 4 times what I pay for a much more ‘feature rich’ service in the US.
If I moved the site to my US server it would mean that the forum would be offline for at least two days so I figured the best thing to do was to move the forum to another server account, spreading the load.
I made a list of the things I would need to do and how long it would take and decided to go for it with the forums being offline for between two and three hours.
About 11am I took the forum offline and began the process. By 3pm, when Larry called round, I was head in hands trying to work out what I’d done wrong as it just wasn’t working. Suffice to say it was an easy mistake to make and I felt sooo stupid when I realised what I’d done.
Back online by early evening and then I started various tweaks and modifications to keep things running smoothly. At 1.30 am I headed for bed.
I gave myself a present and ordered the tool sharpener on offer from TwoWests (via this site) and the postman duly delivered this morning along with some cloche clips. Had to have a go, of course and I can report it sharpened my penknife perfectly.
To the Plot
Finally the weather wasn’t bad and work not pressing so to the plot. I should have gone down this morning but I was a bit slow off the mark after my late night so after lunch I strolled around to the plot. Cleared a few more yards and dug over a bit more of plot 29 ready for the frosts to do their work of breaking it down.
Shipped a few barrow loads of chippings to make up the new paths and renew the old ones on the plot.
It was a cold day, but bright and really good to get some fresh air and old fashioned exercise.