Another grey cold day and being pretty tired (note: don’t start fixing something on a website at 11pm) as I didn’t get to bed until 3am, didn’t go down to the plot. Into the greenhouse to finish moving on the Red Baron onions.
I realised I was running out of room so the electric propagators moved to the back bedroom, giving me space for another 7 seed trays and some of the brassicas were moved into the twin wall polycarbonate cold frame. Plus much juggling of various pots to fit everything in.
They started in modules of 15 to a seed tray but I then moved to 24 to the tray modules. I’ve over 200 seedlings on the go.
Still have the Bedfordshire Giant and Ailsa Craig upstairs to move on as well,
We use at most, 10 onions a week and I’ve got about 100 autumn planted sets going on the plot. I think I may have over done the quantity a little,
Putting the light into the greenhouse was certainly a good move. With my trusty paraffin heater going it is quite cozy and I can ignore the fact it has gone dark outside.
The next big job is going to be the greenhouse on the plot. I think the way things are going I’d best get a move on with it.