This cake keeps well and gets more syrupy as the days go by when wrapped in cling film. It is also perfect for freezing.
Ingredients for Golden Syrup Cake :
- 6 oz Self raising Flour
- ½ tsp Mixed Spice
- 3 oz Porridge Oats
- 6 oz Butter
- 4 oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 3 oz Golden Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- ½ oz Granulated Sugar
Method Golden Syrup Cake:
- Turn on oven at 195°C. Grease cake tin.
- Sift the flour with the spice into a mixing bowl. Stir in the oats.
- Put butter, brown sugar and syrup into a saucepan. Heat gently till melted.
- Beat eggs and add to the melted mixture then to the flour mixture and mix well together.
- Spoon into a prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour. When cool, sprinkle with granulated sugar.