For a variation use 2 oz coconut or 1 oz chocolate chips instead of cherries. Can be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard but are amazing on their own.
Ingredients for Jenny’s Cherry and Oat Fingers:
- 2oz Butter
- 1 tbs Golden Syrup
- 1oz Demerara Sugar
- 4oz Porridge Oats
- 1oz Plain flour
- 2oz Glace cherries, chopped
- Pinch Bicarbonate of soda
Method for Jenny’s Cherry and Oat Fingers:
- Grease and line 7″ square tin.
- Melt butter and syrup in a pan.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add melted butter and syrup mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Press mixture into tin and bake for 15-20 minutes at 150°C.
- When still warm cut into fingers, remove from tin when cold.
Variations: 2 oz coconut or 1 oz chocolate chips instead of cherries.
These oat fingers are really easy to make – ideal for a session with the children in the kitchen
Leave a Comment Here on Jenny’s Cherry and Oat Fingers Recipe