This All in one bowl Cherry Cake Recipe is really simple to make. While still hot brush with Apricot Jam. Cooks in 2 ¼ to 2 ½ hours.
Ingredients for All in one bowl Cherry Cake :
- 6 ozs butter
- 6 ozs caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 ozs sultanas
- 3 ozs cherries (Fresh or “glazed” chopped or cut with scissors)
- 1 oz cut peel (optional I use more cherries)
- 8 ozs plain flour
- ½ level tsp baking powder
Method for All in one bowl Cherry Cake :
- Just whisk all together (I use a hand whisk)
- Spoon into a 2 lb loaf tin (or equivalent)
- Bake in a PREHEATED oven (always important) at 160c (fan oven 150c) gas 2, 300F for 2 ¼ to 2 ½ hours.
- Skewer test – when skewer comes out ” clean, cake is cooked.
- While still hot brush with Apricot jam (my dried apricot jam recipe)