Ingredients for Stuffed Tomatoes :
- 8 beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp each basil, oregano and parsley
- black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 rashers bacons
- 2 slices cooked ham
- Feta cheese crumbled
- tsp each of paprika and chilli
Method for Stuffed Tomatoes:
- Lightly fry the bacon and onions with all herbs and garlic.
- Chop bacon into bite-sized pieces after draining off oil.
- In the meantime, chop the tops off the tomatoes and scoop out contents. Reserve juices in a bowl and mix in bacon mixture.
- Chop ham into bite-sized pieces and mix into bowl. Crumble in feta cheese, add paprika, chilli and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into each tomato. Put top on each. Cover in tinfoil and cook in oven for 30-35 mins at Gas Mark 5.
To spice up a little more add 2 drops of hot pepper sauce. Only makes 8 stuffed tomatoes but warning – very morish. Works well with herb coated potatoes and garlic mushrooms.