Ingredients for Parsley and Onion Scones:
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 oz butter or margarine
- Approx ¼ pint milk
- Salt & pepper
Method for Parsley and Onion Scones:
- Rub the butter into the flour until it is like breadcrumbs, then stir in the onions and parsley.
- Add enough milk to make a soft dough and knead lightly.
- Shape or roll out to about 1in thick.
- Cut into round or squares and place on greased tray.
- Glaze with milk and bake at 200 degrees for 12 – 15 mins.
These parsley and onion scones are a lovely savoury scone. Serve warm with butter. Makes approximately 12 scones. Great with soup as well to make a light meal, the perfect brunch or tea time treat.
Savoury scones aren’t anywhere near popular enough – most people don’t think beyond a cheese scone if they even consider savoury scones yet balancing flavours of herbs in scones with a soup say makes for a sophisticated but simple meal.
For example, these parsley and onion scones work perfectly with creamy onion soup
I am always looking out for ” tastee” scone recipes & this one looks good, I’ll grate some strong cheddar cheese over , before they go in the oven! This would work I would think??