Ingredients for Prawn Tikki :
- 5 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbs chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbs chopped fresh mint (or 1 tsp mint from a jar)
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- 175gm cooked prawns, already shelled
- 6 mushrooms about 4cm across, chopped small
- ½ tsp ginger pulp
- ½ tsp garlic pulp
- ½ tsp chilli powder or two small chopped green chillis – leave out the seeds & membrane if they are very hot!
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- About 1 tbs sunflower oil
Method for Prawn Tikki:
- Boil potatoes until soft, then drain them and mash well.
- Add coriander leaves, mint, chopped red chilli and salt to taste: leave until cool
- Chop prawns using a sharp knife until they look minced. Put in a wok. Add mushrooms, ginger, garlic & lemon juice.
- Cook for 2-3 mins, stirring all the time until the liquid has evaporated and put prawns on a plate to cool.
- Divide the potato into 10 small balls and make each in turn into a flat shape, with a dimple in the middle.
- Carefully put about a tsp of prawn filling on, and seal the potato over it. Flatten into a round disc.
- Make each tikki the same.
- Heat the grill, brush each lightly with sunflower oil and grill, turning once, until golden brown.
(You can fry them too, but then they stay together better if dipped in beaten egg first).
Gorgeous with large salad and a yoghourt and cucumber raita.