The following was made for portions for two people so multiply accordingly – it’s really simple and took no time at all – this was hot for me so adjust spices to your taste on chilli, paprika and garam masala.
Ingredients for Chickpea Curry:
- either 400g tin chickpeas drained or 200g dried chickpeas soaked overnight
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- frylight (or 1 tbsp olive oil)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon or to taste garam masala
- ½ teaspoon or to taste paprika
- ½ teaspoon or to taste chilli powder
- pinch of salt
- large pinch of garlic powder
- large pinch powdered ginger
- ½ teaspoon honey
- bunch fresh coriander
Method for Chickpea Curry:
- Add frylight or oil to pan and bring to heat, add the cumin seeds which will sizzle and pop and then add the chopped onion and brown.
- Once onions are browned add the garlic and the paprika, chilli powder, salt and garlic powder and stir.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for two minutes then add the ginger and honey to the mix. Fully drain the chickpeas and add to the mixture.
- Bring to the boil the simmer for 30 minutes.
Lovely with brown rice. A very economical vegetarian / vegan meal