Ingredients for Spiced Apple Cake:
- 125 g butter
- 225 g dark muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 225 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300 g cooking apples, diced
Topping for Spiced Apple Cake:
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
Method for Spiced Apple Cake:
- Pre-heat oven to 160, Fan 140.
- Cream the butter and muscovado sugar for a couple of minutes, then mix in the eggs.
- Fold together and stir in the apple.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and spices.
- Pour into a well buttered tin and bake for 1 hour.
- Combine the honey and sugar and paint onto the top with a pastry brush.
Spiced apple cake will keep fresh covered in kitchen foil or cling film for 4 days, perhaps longer, if it’s still around then.