I’ve just had this veggie dish for dinner and I love it so thought I would post the recipe. (Just realised that I’ve never weighed anything so I’ll have to guess!)
Ingredients for Caraway Seeds Potatoes:
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 largish potatoes, scrubbed and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove squished
- 1 rounded teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 heaped tablespoons parsley
- 1 tsp stock powder
- A grind of pepper
- ½ pint milk
Topping for Caraway Seeds Potatoes:
- 2 crushed oatcakes (or other savoury biscuits)
- grated cheese
Method for Caraway Seeds Potatoes:
- Put everything in a saucepan and bring to simmer for 10 mins.
- Tip into a buttered dish, sprinkle on oatcakes and cheese and put in medium oven until brown and crisp on top.
I serve Caraway Seeds Potatoes with a green salad and 2 of us finish it (just).