Welsh Sausages Recipe Submitted by Ann
Recipe for Welsh Sausages. An easy vegetarian cheese based recipe that children love to make and eat Fairly cheap and freezes really well. Makes 8 sausages.
Ingredients for Welsh Sausages:
- 100g Cheese (Red Leicester gives a good flavour), grated
- 1 egg
- 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs (3 -4 slices in the processor)
- Pinch mixed herbs
- Pinch mustard
- Small onion, grated
- Pinch black pepper
- Plain flour to coat
- 1 egg, beaten
- dry breadcrumbs for coating
- oil for frying
Method for Welsh Sausages:
- In a large mixing bowl place the cheese, egg, wholemeal breadcrumbs, herbs, seasoning, onion. Mix until well blended
- Divide the mixture into 8 and make sausage shapes.
- Dip in flour, egg and then breadcrumbs. Leave in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Heat the oil in large fry pan. Fry the sausages for 5 mins until golden brown, drain on kitchen paper.
Makes 8 sausages. Freeze them in batches before frying. You can make changes by varying the cheese and herbs.