Ingredients for Savoury Vegetable Pie:
- ½ lb parsnips
- ½ lb carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz grated cheese
- Butter or margarine
Method for Savoury Vegetable Pie:
- Boil the parsnips, carrots and onion gently using very little water.
- Remove the parsnip cores when cooked and then mash all the vegetables with any water left in the pan.
- Add 1 oz grated cheese.
- Put half the mixture into a greased pie dish and cover with the tomato halves.
- Add the rest of the vegetable mixture and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Dot the butter or margarine over the and bake until lightly browned.
If you like the flavour, celery salt makes an excellent seasoning for this dish.
Serves 4 as a side dish.