Ingredients for Stir Fried Vegetables:
A selection of vegetables can be chosen – calabrese, broad beans, French beans, finger carrots (sliced lengthways), peas (including mangetout and snap peas), sweet peppers and tomatoes are all suitable – in quantities appropriate to the numbers eating.
- 3 tablespoonfuls oil
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tablespoonfuls soy sauce
- 3 tablespoonfuls olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 dessert spoonful roasted peanuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Method for Stir Fried Vegetables:
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic very finely, fry both in the oil until just brown using a wok (or large saucepan).
- Add the vegetables and peanuts, fry hard until the vegetables begin to soften, probably less than five minutes (the nuts are to provide a contrast of texture).
- Season with salt and pepper, add the soy sauce and heat strongly for another two minutes.
Serve with rice, boiled or fried noodles or with mashed potato.
Pine nuts, hull less pumpkin nuts or sunflower seeds can be used instead of the peanuts.
Leave a Comment Here on Stir Fried Vegetables Recipe