Ingredients for Cauliflower and Leeks Gratin:
- 1 lb (450 g) cauliflower
- 1 lb (450 g) leeks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 oz (56 g) butter
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- ½ pint (285 ml) natural yoghurt
- 4 oz (112 g) mature cheddar cheese – grated
Method for Cauliflower and Leeks Gratin :
- Break the cauliflower into small florets and cook in salted boiling water until al-dente.
- Slice the leeks in half lengthways and wash well.
- Melt half the butter in a saucepan with the lemon juice. Add the leeks to soften.
- Remove the leeks carefully and arrange in an ovenproof dish, surrounded by the cauliflower florets.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and, when bubbling, stir in the cornflour. Mix well. Add the yoghurt and mustard and heat through, stirring continuously.
- Pour over the leeks and cauliflower and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 5 (375°F/190°C) for about 20 minutes until golden.
This Cauliflower & Leeks Gratin Recipe Serves 4. Also works well with Gruyere cheese. We like to replace 1 oz of the mature cheddar cheese with Stilton as this makes for a stronger flavour.
All the flavour of cauliflower cheese and leeks in cheese sauce all in one dish!