Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower submitted by Norman Allen Jones
I came across this recipe whilst on a recent trip to Iowa City, Iowa State, USA, visiting my son who lives there. His wife cooks this recipe every week especially with BBQ food. Goes well with salmon steaks.
Ingredients for Roasted Cauliflower:
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons melted pure butter Ghee
Method for Roasted Cauliflower:
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 200c. Gas 6.
- Slice the cauliflower vertically into as many half inch slices depending on the cauliflower head size (do not slice horizontally ) and place flat on an oiled metal tray.
- Brush the cauliflower slices with the melted ghee.
- Sprinkle the slices with the ground turmeric.
- Place in the centre of the heated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges of the cauliflower just start to brown.
Best served hot. This is a wonderful new way of cooking the vegetable. Serve with salmon steaks, pork chops, bacon chops, chicken breast, or any other type of food (goes well with Indian curries).