Absolutely delicious! To further improve the flavour, try cracking some of the apricot stones, blanch and skin the kernels and add to the liquid as it infuses.
Ingredients for Apricot Liqueur:
- 2 lb (900 g) apricots, stoned
- 1 pint (570 ml) white wine
- 8 oz (225 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries
- 1 pint (570 ml) brandy
Method for Apricot Liqueur:
- Put the apricots and wine in an enamelled pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the apricots are soft, then mash.
- Add the sugar and allspice berries and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into a bottle or jar, cover and leave in a warm place for 4 to 5 days.
- Strain, squeezing out all the juice. Add the brandy, pour into sterilised bottles and cork tightly.
Makes about 3 pints (1.7 litres) of Apricot Liqueur.
Use some of your home grown fruit to make your own supply of fruit drinks, both soft and alcoholic. What are Fruit Syrups & Squashes? Syrups are strained fruit juices, sweetened with sugar, whilst squashes have part of the fruit tissue included. ...