Ingredients for Roasted Parsnips with an Irish Whiskey and Seed Mustard Glaze:
- 1lb medium parsnips, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 3 tbls butter
- 2 tbls seed mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbls Irish whiskey
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
Method for Roasted Parsnips with an Irish Whiskey and Seed Mustard Glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 375’F, 190’C.
- Cook the parsnips in boiling salted water until just tender, about 5-8 mins and drain.
- Cut each parsnip lengthwise into ½ inch thick slices.
- Place them in a buttered shallow baking dish in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Slowly add the mustard, honey and whiskey. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Brush this sauce evenly over the baked parsnips.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the parsnips under a preheated grill to lightly brown for about 1 min.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
‘Granny Dumplin’ actually cooked these roasted glazed parsnips for us. They were sublime! Very much a ‘chef’ recipe but not beyond the average cook’s abilities. Just follow the recipe step by step and you can’t go wrong.