Ingredients for Creamy Tagliatelle with Herbs:
- 1 lb (450 g) tagliatelle
- Salt and pepper
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 oz (56 g) butter
- ½ pint (285 ml) single cream
- 2 tablespoons each of basil, chives, parsley and marjoram
Method for Creamy Tagliatelle with Herbs:
- Cook the Tagliatelle in plenty of boiling, salted, water until tender but still firm – about 10 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly and toss in a large warmed serving bowl with the garlic and butter.
- Heat the cream in a pan until just short of boiling, stir in the herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the buttered Tagliatelle and toss gently until the pasta strands are coated.
Serves 4. Nice served with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a mixed salad.
Tagliatelle can be made at home quite easily, especially if you have a pasta machine but you can buy very good quality dried pasta which stores well and is very convenient.
Tagliatelle is a traditional pasta shape from northern Italy. Individual pieces of Tagliatelle are long, flat ribbons about 3/8th of an inch wide.