A wonderful summer soup served chilled. No cooking involved.
Ingredients for Avocado Soup:
- 2 large ripe avocados
- ¾ pint 430 ml) natural yogurt
- 1 pint (50 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Method for Avocado Soup:
- Cut the avocados in half lengthways and twist to separate into two. Tap the stone sharply and twist to remove.
- Put the avocado halves cut side down on a flat surface and score the skin with a sharp knife. Peel the strips of skin backwards to remove them.
- Dice into pieces and and put in a blender/food processor. Add the vegetable stock, crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, chopped oregano and all but 4 tablespoons of the yoghurt.
- Purée until smooth and then chill thoroughly.
- Pour into soup bowls and garnish with the rest of the yoghurt.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve chilled.
This Avocado Soup Recipe serves 4 – No cooking whatsoever required.