A lovely way to present mashed potatoes. Piped into pyramids in individual portions, brushed with beaten egg and browned in the oven.
Ingredients for Duchesse Potatoes:
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg)) freshly cooked potatoes
- 3 oz (84 g) butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- ¼ pint (150 ml) milk
- Salt and pepper
Method for Duchesse Potatoes:
- Sieve the potatoes and mash well taking care no lumps remain.
- Heat the milk with the butter until the butter melts.
- Add to the potatoes with 2 beaten eggs and seasoning. Beat well until smooth.
- Put into a forcing bag with a ½” (1.25 cm) star pipe.
- Pipe into pyramids on to a greased baking tray and brush with the other beaten egg.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 7 (425°F/220°C) for 15 – 20 minutes until nicely browned.
These really do turn a mundane dish of mashed potatoes into something rather special.
Leave a Comment Here on Duchesse Potatoes Recipe