Delicious – Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside.
Ingredients for Potato Puffs:
- 12 oz (350 g) cooked potato
- 1 oz (28 g) butter
- 1 egg
- 2½ oz (70 g) grated cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- Fat for deep frying
Method for Potato Puffs:
- Mash the potato.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add to the potato. Beat in the egg yolk and grated cheese. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Whisk the egg white to a stiff froth and fold into the potato mixture.
- Drop in teaspoonfuls into deep smoking hot fat and fry until golden brown, crisp and well puffed up.
- Drain carefully onto crumpled kitchen roll and serve very hot, dusted with cayenne pepper.
An excellent way to use up any spare mashed potatoes creating a snack. We’ve had these a bit like a Tapas with drinks.