Ingredients for Cream of Spinach Soup:
- 1 lb (450 g) spinach
- 1 oz (28 g) butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pint (570 ml) water or stock
- ½ pint (300 ml) milk
- 2 eggs
Method for Cream of Spinach Soup:
- Wash the spinach well and remove the centre stalks.
- Put the spinach into a pan with a tightly fitted lid and add the butter.
- Cook slowly for ten minutes.
- Strain the spinach and chop it finely with a sharp knife.
- Return the spinach to the pan with the water or stock and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for about 40 minutes.
- Beat up the eggs and add the milk to them. Pour this mixture into the soup.
- Re-heat and cook for a few minutes without boiling.
This Cream of Spinach Soup serves 4.
Rich and satisfying. You can use frozen spinach when it is not in season.
Leave a Comment Here on Cream of Spinach Soup