Typical of the style of Pizza made in Sicily. Some recipes include cheese and some cheese and mushrooms as well as the anchovy fillets and olives.
Ingredients for Pizza Sicilian:
- 1 lb (450 g) pizza dough (See Pizza Dough recipe)
- Pizzaiola tomato sauce
- 12 anchovy fillets
- A few black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Olive Oil
Method for Pizza Sicilian:
- Prepare the Pizza Dough
- Cover with the Pizzaiola tomato sauce.
- Spread with the anchovies and olives on top and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Return to the oven and bake as described under Pizza Dough.
Makes one large pizza. If smaller pizzas are required, divide the dough into small lumps, roll into balls and leave to rise separately.