The traditional difference between a Pizza Neapolitan and a Pizza Margherita is that oregano is used on the top as opposed to basil.
Ingredients for Pizza Neapolitan:
- 1 lb (450 g) pizza dough (See Pizza Dough recipe)
- Pizzaiola tomato sauce
- 8 oz (225 g) Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Finely chopped oregano
- Olive Oil
Method for Pizza Neapolitan:
- Prepare the Pizza Dough.
- Spread with the Pizzaiola tomato sauce.
- Lay the slices of Mozzarella on the top.
- Sprinkle with oregano and olive oil.
- Bake as described under Pizza Dough.
Makes one large pizza. If smaller pizzas are required, divide the dough into small lumps, roll into balls and leave to rise separately.