Ingredients for Baked Stuffed Lettuce:
- 2 round lettuces
- 8 oz (225 g) tuna fish
- 2 oz (56 g) breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 8 black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
Method for Baked Stuffed Lettuce:
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (350°F/180°C).
- Keeping them whole, wash and dry the lettuces.
- In a mixing bowl, flake the tuna fish, add the breadcrumbs, chopped parsley and the pitted and chopped olives. Stir in the lemon juice, crushed garlic clove and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread open the centre of the lettuces and spoon in the stuffing.
- Put 5 tablespoons of water into a casserole and then put in the stuffed lettuces.
- Cover the casserole and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This Baked Stuffed Lettuce Recipe serves 4 as a starter. Best served warm as a light supper dish or as a follow on to soup for a more substantial meal