This Leek and Tomato Casserole Recipe produces an easy-to-make vegetable dish that can be served on its own or with roast beef or pork.
Ingredients for Leek and Tomato Casserole:
- 1 lb (450 g) leaks
- ½ lb (225 g) tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
Method for Leek and Tomato Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (350°F/180°C).
- Slice 1lb (450 g) of leeks. Wash thoroughly. Put half of the leeks into a casserole or ovenproof dish.
- Slice ½ lb (225 g) of tomatoes and put them in a layer over the leeks, sprinkling with salt, pepper, the juice of ½ lemon and 1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves.
- Put the remaining leeks on the top of the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the juice of ½ lemon and salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the leeks are just tender.
This Leek and Tomato Casserole Recipe serves 4. Can be eaten either hot or cold.