Ingredients for Baked Stuffed Aubergines:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions
- ½ lb (225 g) tomatoes
- 2 large aubergines
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
Method for Baked Stuffed Aubergines:
- Finely chop 2 large onions and fry them in the olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Blanch and peel ½ lb (225 g) of tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into halves and remove the seeds. Coarsely chop and add them to the onions.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (350°F/180°C).
- Cut the 2 large aubergines into halves length-ways. Scoop out the flesh, chop it and add to the the pan with the onions and tomatoes, reserving the shells.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes and then stir in the chopped parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the filling between the 4 aubergine shells and place them on a lightly greased oven-proof dish or tray.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
This Baked Stuffed Aubergines Recipe should be served hot. It’s very nice sprinkled with some parmesan cheese.
Leave a Comment Here on Baked Stuffed Aubergines Recipe