Ingredients for Eggy Leeks:
- 1 lb (450 g) young leeks
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ a lemon
- 6 free-range eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
Method for Eggy Leeks:
- Thinly slice the leeks and put them into a pan containing ¼ pint (150 ml) of boiling, salted water to which the juice of ½ a lemon has been added.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the leeks are just tender.
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (350°F/180°C).
- Lightly grease a rectangular ovenproof dish.
- Drain the leeks and put them into the dish.
- Beat 6 eggs with 6 tablespoons of milk. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the leeks.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the mixture is firm and golden brown.
This Eggy Leeks Recipe serves 4. Can be eaten hot or cold but better hot. Nice with some crusty bread to dip up the sauce.