Ingredients for Fruit Tart:
- 8 oz (225 g) short crust pastry
- 8 oz (225 g) fresh fruit
- 2 -3 oz (55 -80 g) caster sugar
Method for Fruit Tart:
- Divide the pastry in two and roll out into rounds which will fit a 7″ (18 cm) tin or plate.
- Line the greased tin or plate with one circle of pastry.
- Add the prepared fruit and sprinkle in the sugar.
- Damp the edges of the pastry and cover with the remaining circle. Seal the edges well and make a hole in the centre of the tart.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at Gas Mark 6 (400°F/200°C) for about 35 minutes.
Can be eaten on its own or as a dessert with a dollop of whipped cream.
If bottled fruit is used, drain well before using and omit the sugar.
Pastry Making Help & Information
These guides compliment our recipes section. Basic guide to making pastry - for individual types of pastry, see below. Pastry Ingredients: Flour for Pastry Making: Use good quality flour for pastry making if you can. It should be quite dry...
These pastry making guides compliment our recipes section. Shortcrust pastry is the most common type of pastry and very easy to make though it does need to be kept cool and handled as little as possible. Use for sweet and savoury flans, pies, tarts...