Ingredients for Savoury Leek Cake:
- 2 large Leeks, thickly sliced. (¼ inch)
- 2 large Potatoes, thickly sliced (¼ inch)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- ½ pint beef stock
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup of melted butter/margarine
Method for Savoury Leek Cake:
- Layer the leeks with the onion and potatoes with seasoning in a cake tin.
- Pour in the stock and cover with tin foil.
- Bake in a medium oven for 40 minutes and then remove the foil.
- Paint with butter or margarine.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes until golden and serve
A filling leek recipe that can be adapted to suit how many people are to be served. Makes a great side dish to complete a meal.