Recipe for Welsh Fried Leek Rings sent in by: Granny Dumplin
Ingredients for Welsh Fried Leek Rings:
- 1 very large juicy leek sliced very thinly
- ½ pint of milk
- ½ lb self raising flour
- 1 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried rubbed sage.
- ½ pint Nut oil, heated to frying temperature
Method for Welsh Fried Leek Rings:
- Separate leek rings and soak rings in the milk.
- Place flour, salt, pepper and sage into a plastic bag.
- Remove leek rings from milk and place in bag with flour and shake till coated.
- Remove rings and fry in the hot nut oil in small batches and drain on kitchen paper.
These Welsh Fried Leek Rings go particularly well as a side dish with grilled or poached white fish.
Another variation on a traditional Welsh dish from chef ‘Grannie Dumplin’ who now lives in Ceredigion after roaming the world.
Leave a Comment Here on Welsh Fried Leek Rings Recipe