Ingredients for Tipsy Leeks:
- 8 small leeks, trimmed and washed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) parsley, chopped
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Method for Tipsy Leeks:
- Melt the butter and then cook the leeks and garlic for 3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the red wine and some salt and sugar and mix well. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes or until leeks are tender.
- Place the leeks on a serving dish and reduce the liquid left in the pan for 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and pepper to taste. Pour over the leeks and garnish with parsley.
A great leek recipe from our good friend chef ‘Granny Dumplin’ who lives in Ceredigion after a career that has taken him around the world, even cooking for royalty.
Can be served as a starter for 4 people.