Ingredients for Pepper Quiche:
- 6 oz (170 g) cheese pastry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 free-range eggs
- ¼ pint (150 ml) milk
Method of Pepper Quiche:
- Roll out the cheese pastry and line a 8″ (20.5 cm) flan case or tin with it. Put into the fridge to chill whilst you’re preparing the filling.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and fry until softened. Add the garlic and peppers and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the egg and milk together, then stir in the pepper mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into the flan case and bake in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 6 (400°F/200°C) for about 35 minutes
Can be eaten either hot or cold and goes well with a salad.
Advice and Information on Pastry Making
These guides compliment our recipes section. Basic guide to making pastry - for individual types of pastry, see below. Pastry Ingredients: Flour for Pastry Making: Use good quality flour for pastry making if you can. It should be quite dry...
These pastry making guides compliment our recipes section. Cheese pastry is used for cheese biscuits and straws, savoury tarts, pies, flans and turnovers. It works well with a strong cheese, such as a mature cheddar or a blue cheese such as Stilton...