Ingredients for Egg and Bacon Flan:
- 6 oz (175 g) short crust pastry
- 2 free-range eggs
- ¼ pint (150 ml) milk
- 4 rashers of bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley and tomatoes for garnish
Method for Egg and Bacon Flan:
- Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 8″ (20.5 cm) flan dish or tin. Place in the fridge to chill whilst you prepare the filling.
- Beat the eggs and add the milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the rind from the bacon, cut into strips and fry lightly.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared flan case and add the bacon.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 6 (400°F/200°C) for about 35 minutes.
- Serve garnished with little sprigs of parsley and thin slices of tomato.
Can be eaten hot or cold.
Advice and Information on Pastry Making
These guides compliment our recipes section. Basic guide to making pastry - for individual types of pastry, see below. Pastry Ingredients: Flour for Pastry Making: Use good quality flour for pastry making if you can. It should be quite dry...
These pastry making guides compliment our recipes section. Shortcrust pastry is the most common type of pastry and very easy to make though it does need to be kept cool and handled as little as possible. Use for sweet and savoury flans, pies, tarts...