Sweet and tender new season broad beans combined with spring cabbage make this a fresh and tasty risotto.
Ingredients for Cabbage and Broad Bean Risotto:
- 8 oz (225 g) broad beans
- 12 oz (340 g) cabbage, shredded
- 10 oz (280 g) short grain rice – arborrio is best
- 4 ozs (112 g) butter
- A few sage leaves, chopped
- 2 ozs grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Method for Cabbage and Broad Bean Risotto:
- Parboil the beans for 2 to 3 minutes, then drain.
- Put the cabbage, rice and 1 tablespoon of salt into a large pan of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Drain and pile the mixture into a warmed serving dish.
- Melt the butter in a small pan with the sage and then pour over the rice and veg. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and a little pepper, folding gently to mix together.
- Serve immediately.