Another way to use up the summer glut of courgettes. This quick and easy recipe makes about two dozen courgette and chocolate muffins.
You can use less cocoa and spices depending on your individual taste.
Putting chocolate chips on the top does make the muffins rather special.
Ingredients for Courgette and Chocolate Muffins:
- 250g grated courgettes
- 3 eggs
- 250ml oil
- 300g sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 375g plain flour
- 5 tbsp cocoa (works ok with less)
- 1 tsp bicarb
- half tsp baking powder
- Quarter tsp each cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg. (I put less, and they were spicy enough)
- 1 tsp salt
I put chocolate chips on top.
Method for Courgette and Chocolate Muffins:
- Whisk together oil, sugar and eggs.
- Add courgette and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 180/gas 4
Makes two dozen delicious muffins.