If you want a really indulgent courgette cake that freezes, try this one. Serves 6 to 8 depending on appetite.
Ingredients for Indulgent Courgette Cake:
- 3 large eggs
- 300ml sunflower oil
- 300g soft brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 300g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarb
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 ground ginger
- 1/2 nutmeg
- 100g grated courgettes
- 100g walnuts
Method for Indulgent Courgette Cake:
- Pre-heat the Oven 170C.
- Line 2 x 8″ or 9″ sandwich tins.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and mousselike.
- Continue whisking and add the oil in a steady stream.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and then fold into the eggs.
- Lastly add the chopped walnuts.
- Divide between the tins and bake for between 35-40 mins.
Sandwich and cover the cake with the following cream cheese icing.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Icing:
- 100g unsalted butter.
- 300g cream cheese at room temperature
- 100g of icing sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Method to make Cream Cheese Icing:
Beat the butter and icing sugar until white and fluffy and then fold in the cream cheese gently until just mixed in. Do not over beat it or it will go runny.