Carrot, Parsnip and Cashew Nut Roast Recipe submitted by Mary Martin
The ingredients are enough for 6 hearty portions. If preferred, as it freezes well, you can cook half and freeze the other half uncooked for another day.
Ingredients for Carrot, Parsnip and Cashew Nut Roast :
- 1 lb carrots
- 3 oz uncooked rice
- 4oz broken cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 large spanish onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs oil
- 6 oz grated parsnip
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme and sage
- 1 tbs fresh parsley
Method for Carrot, Parsnip and Cashew Nut Roast:
- Cook and mash the carrots. Sweat parsnips, onion and garlic in oil.
- Cook rice.
- Mix all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper
- Put in 2 lb loaf tin lined with baking parchment. Cook for 45 mins at 200 C (you can roast potatoes at the same time).
- Serve with gravy.
- Freezes well.
I make the recipe as above and freeze half unbaked for another day. This saves time in making and means we can enjoy a hearty meal after a hard day’s work outside. Just pop in the fridge to defrost for the day before going out.
Always ensure your Carrot, Parsnip and Cashew Nut Roast is properly defrosted before baking
Makes enough for 6 people in one go.
Leave a Comment Here on Carrot, Parsnip and Cashew Nut Roast Recipe