A Vegetarian Gluten Free Recipe. Makes Enough for 4 good helpings on its own, or 6 if served with sausages.
Ingredients for Vegetable Gratin:
- 3 tbs oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 sticks of celery thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red pepper chopped in to quite large pieces
- 125g seedles raisins
- 1tsp cumin
- Pinch dried oregano
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 400g canned red kidney beans
- 125g canned sweetcorn
- 175g broccoli florets
- 250g cooked brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
Method for Vegetable Gratin:
- Heat oil in saucepan, add onion,celery and garlic. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add red pepper, raisins, cumin, oregano and salt and pepper. Cook for 2 mins.
- Stir in tomatoes and 5 tbs of water, bring to boil then simmer for 5 mins,stirring.
- Add sweetcorn, rice and kidney beans, simmer another 5 mins.
- Meanwhile blanch the broccoli until just tender. Drain well. Add to saucepan, then tip all in to casserole.
- Top with the cheese and heat under grill, or place in hot oven for 15 mins.
This recipe is suitable for vegetarians and is gluten free
Makes Enough for 4 good helpings on its own, or 6 if served with sausages.