A delicious side dish that goes well with Baked Tomatoes
Ingredients for Cheese and Vegetable Yorkshire Pudding:
- 1 oz (28 g) vegetable or sunflower oil
- 12 ozs (340 g) of cooked, mixed carrots, peas, sweet corn and broad beans
For the batter:
- 4 oz (112 g) flour, preferably plain
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- ½ pint semi-skimmed or full milk
- 4 ozs (112 g) grated cheddar cheese
Method for Cheese and Vegetable Yorkshire Pudding:
- Heat the oil in an oven-proof serving dish or a Yorkshire pudding tin.
- Toss the vegetables in this, then top with the cheese-flavoured batter, made by blending all the ingredients together and whisking briskly until covered on the top with bubbles.
- Bake towards the top of a pre-heated hot oven at Gas Mark 7 (425°F/220°C) until crisp and golden brown, lowering the heat if necessary.
Serves 4. Goes well with Baked Tomatoes.