Ingredients for Easy Strawberry Ice Cream:
- 1lb/500g Strawberries
- 1/2 pt/300ml Double Cream
- 1/2 tspn Vanilla Essence
- 1 tbspn Lime Juice (or lemon will do)
- 2-3 tbspn Icing Sugar
Method for Easy Strawberry Ice Cream:
- Whisk the double cream with the vanilla essence until starting to thicken up – don’t over-whisk though, it just needs to be at the point where the whisk leaves a trail.
- Tip the strawberries into a food processor and pulse for just a couple of seconds so they’re still in large chunks.. Alternatively, if you prefer a smooth ice cream, process for longer until you have a purée.
- Add the cream, lime juice and icing sugar to taste, and process briefly until combined.
- Pour into a container and freeze. If you can be bothered, it should ideally be stirred two or three times before it sets completely just to break up the ice crystals; however, no-one seems to mind if I forget!
- To serve, take the container out of the freezer about half an hour before serving so it softens a little. Lovely served with a sharp raspberry coulis.
Is icing sugar confectioners sugar? And is coulis the same as what we americans refer to as ice cream topping, which is simply a lot like jam only thinner?