These ingredients are for serving two.
Ingredients for Courgette, Bacon, Chilli, Garlic & Pesto Pasta:
- 2 medium courgettes
- 2-3 rashers smoked bacon
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli
- 1/3 jar sun dried tomato pesto
- 200g fusilli or other pasta
- handful of cherry tomatoes each
- Parmesan or other cheese for garnish
- Olive oil
Method for Courgette, Bacon, Chilli, Garlic & Pesto Pasta:
- Fry bacon until getting a bit crispy in a large wok or similar.
- Remove bacon from pan (and the fat if you are being healthy) and cut into little pieces.
- Put the pasta on the boil at this point.
- Fry chopped up chilli in the pan for a minute, then add the chopped up garlic and fry that until starting to colour slightly.
- Add sliced courgettes and some olive oil and fry with the chillies and garlic until starting to go soft. Move it around so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Hopefully the pasta should be ready about now, so add the cherry tomatoes (halved) to the pan, the pasta (with a little bit of the water so it’s not too dry) and about a third of a jar of the pesto.
- Stir it all together over low heat until tomatoes are softening slightly, then serve with grated parmesan or other cheese and olive oil.
Tried this recipe yesterday to decrease my glut of courgettes. Absolutely
delicious, would use it when the family visit. I changed the chilli for an onion
as my husband is sensitive to them.