These ingredients are for serving two.
Ingredients for Courgette, Bacon, Chilli, Garlic & Pesto Pasta:
- 2 medium courgettes
- 2-3 rashers smoked bacon
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli
- 1/3 jar sun dried tomato pesto
- 200g fusilli or other pasta
- handful of cherry tomatoes each
- Parmesan or other cheese for garnish
- Olive oil
Method for Courgette, Bacon, Chilli, Garlic & Pesto Pasta:
- Fry bacon until getting a bit crispy in a large wok or similar.
- Remove bacon from pan (and the fat if you are being healthy) and cut into little pieces.
- Put the pasta on the boil at this point.
- Fry chopped up chilli in the pan for a minute, then add the chopped up garlic and fry that until starting to colour slightly.
- Add sliced courgettes and some olive oil and fry with the chillies and garlic until starting to go soft. Move it around so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Hopefully the pasta should be ready about now, so add the cherry tomatoes (halved) to the pan, the pasta (with a little bit of the water so it’s not too dry) and about a third of a jar of the pesto.
- Stir it all together over low heat until tomatoes are softening slightly, then serve with grated parmesan or other cheese and olive oil.