A really tasty, quick and healthy dinner with a goodly portion of spinach.
Ingredients for Egg and Vegetable Pie:
- 1 ½ lbs (675 g) spinach
- 2 oz (56 g) butter
- 1 lb (450 g) of mixed cooked carrots, beans, peas, sweetcorn
- 2 -3 spring onions or chives
- Salt and pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
Method for Egg and Vegetable Pie:
- Wash the spinach well and remove the centre stalk.
- Put into a pan with a tightly fitting lid without additional water.
- Add 1 oz (28 g) butter and and cook until tender.
- Drain well and chop finely.
- Turn into an oven-proof dish.
- Dot with a little butter and season carefully.
- Arrange vegetables on top and sprinkle with chopped onion or chives and seasoning.
- Separate eggs, beat yolks with milk and seasoning.
- Beat whites stiffly and fold into yolks.
- Pour over vegetables and bake for about 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 4 (350°F/180°C).
Makes 4 hearty servings.