Delicious anytime but perfect on a cold winter’s night. A great way to use up leftover turkey after x-mas.
Ingredients for Herby Dumpling Turkey Pot Pie :
- 2oz butter
- ½ lb mushrooms
- 2oz flour
- ½ pt chicken stock
- 1 pint milk
- Sprinkle of seasoning
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Leftover turkey/chicken
- 2oz diced pimento
- ½ lb cooked vegetables
- 8oz plain flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- Sprinkling of parsley and dill
- 3oz butter
- ¼ pt milk
Method for Herby Dumpling Turkey Pot Pie:
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add mushrooms, cook for a few minutes. Sprinkle with 2oz flour. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken stock and milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat.
- Add seasonings and Tabasco sauce. Simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add turkey/chicken diced pimento and cooked vegetables to sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place ingredients in casserole dish. Prepare dumpling crust by combining flour with baking powder parsley and dill. Add butter. Sprinkle mixture with ¼ pt milk. Gather together to form dough. Roll dough on floured surface to fit the top of the casserole. Cut steam splits in dough.
- Brush with milk and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Leave a Comment Here on Herby Dumpling Turkey Pot Pie Recipe