An classic recipe that’s still a firm favourite. Makes a fun centre piece for afternoon tea. Easy to make and can be served on its own or with custard or cream.
Ingredients for Pineapple Upside Down Cake :
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz sugar
- 4 oz self raising flour
- Tin Pineapple Rings
- Brown Sugar
Method for Pineapple Upside Down Cake:
- Lay pineapple in flat cake tin. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Mix eggs, sugar and self raising flour together in a bowl and lay the mixture over the pineapples.
- Cook 190°C for half hour or until the mixture browns slightly.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully upturn onto a plate.
- Cut into slices and serve warm or at room temperature.
Instead of sprinkling the pineapple with brown sugar, try drizzling over some golden syrup.
You can “decorate” the finished pineapple upside down cake by placing a glace cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring.