An easy to make cake that looks like it’s been hard work!
Ingredients for Marble Cake:
- 8oz self raising flour
- 6oz margarine or butter
- 6oz caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- Coffee and cocoa
Method for Marble Cake:
- Cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the beaten eggs and fold in the flour.
- Divide the mixture into three.
- To one third add two tablespoons coffee mixed with water in a mug, to another third add a tablespoon of Cocoa powder. Leave the remaining third as it is.
- Grease cake tin and drop alternate spoonfuls of each mixture in creatively.
- Bake 180ºC/ gas Mark 4 for 40-50 minutes.
- Turn out and cool on a wire tray.
Mixed colours and flavours make this Marble Cake appealing and interesting but many children aren’t keen on the coffee flavouring.