A simple lemon love cake recipe for you to bake. Frequently appeared on the school dinner menu! A firm favourite with children.
When cooked it should feel quite soft to the touch, sprinkle with caster sugar and serve hot with custard.
Ingredients for Lemon Love Cake:
- 3oz butter
- 6oz self raising flour
- 3oz sugar
- Lemon Curd
Method for Lemon Love Cake:
- Rub butter in flour. Add sugar and mix well. Bind together into a stiff paste with beaten egg.
- Divide the mixture into two.
- Roll out and cover bottom of greased tin with half mixture.
- Spread with generous amounts of Lemon Curd.
- Cover with rest of mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 160°C
- When cooked it should feel quite soft to the touch, sprinkle with caster sugar and serve hot with custard.
After hearing two ladies talking about lemon love cake in the queue in Iceland, I had to butt in! She mentioned making this recipe from the allotment garden site. I ended up quadrupling the ingredients for my pretty pink dish. It was devoured for my sons birthday. I’m now making it again for my birthday gathering but using a whole jar of lemon curd as half a jar wasn’t quite enough! I can thoroughly recommend x
We absolutely love it!!!! I make it for my family at least 2 weekly. Delicious
My mum was a school cook and we lived on lemon love cake. This recipe is just as good as my mums original
This works really well with jam instead of lemon ☺️