These coconut buns are super easy to make. Great for making with the children in the kitchen on a wet afternoon in the holidays.
They particularly love spooning jam onto the top of the buns and if you turn your back they’ll be spooning it into themselves!
Ingredients for Coconut Buns:
- 125g/4oz self raising flour
- 125g/4oz desiccated coconut
- 75g/3oz sugar
- 125g/4oz margarine or butter
- 1 beaten egg
Method for Making the Coconut Buns:
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spoon into rough heaps in bun cases.
- Bake at 190ºC/ gas Mark 5 for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer buns to wire tray to cool.
- Brush the top with jam and dip in coconut (optional).