Ingredients for Cherry, Fruit and Nut Slice:
- 1 oz butter
- 2oz sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 oz chopped walnuts
- 2 oz glace cherries
- 3 oz mixed fruit
- 3 oz self raising flour
Method for Cherry, Fruit and Nut Slice:
- Grease tin (square works best).
- Mix together melted butter with sugar.
- Beat egg into mixture.
- Add nuts, cherries and fruit.
- Sift flour in bowl. Mix well together.
- Press mixture into tin.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 160°C.
- Allow to cool slightly and then slice in tin into bars or segments.
- Tip out bars/segments onto a cooling tray.
Once made and cooled, keep in a cake tin so they don’t dry out. You’ll find these Cherry, Fruit and Nut Slices go well with a coffee mid-morning.
Leave a Comment Here on Cherry, Fruit and Nut Slice Recipe